*Updated 11-1-21* Although Gov John Bel Edwards has lifted the indoor mask mandate, as healthcare workers, we are still following federal CDC guidelines. Gov. Edwards Lifts Louisiana’s Mask Mandate Statewide, Except for K-12 Schools | Office of Governor John Bel Edwards
*Updated 5-3-21* There are new Mask Guidelines! However, if you review the list of exemptions that still require masks, you won't be surprised when you head out. Healthcare facilities are still requiring masks. So yes, that means here at Excel Rehab, we are still under the mask mandate. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past soon! Thanks for understanding. And please be considerate when you go to those facilities that are still required to use masks.
*Updated 4-1-21* We have been in Modified Phase 3 and now back to Phase 3!
We continue to follow all protocol that we've been following. A huge difference is that staff and most of our paitents have been vaccinated. We still require appointments, No Walk-Ins. We are still holding AMPEDUP, our Amputee Support Group. Stay safe. Louisiana is opening back up!
*UPDATED 1-15-21* We are in Modified Phase 2.
This does not impact how we are currently operating. We continue to follow our COVID safety protocols that have been making our patients and employees feel safe while in therapy. The link below is a video showing our COVID19 practices to keep us all safe. We are open 5 days per week. However, the hours are still modified. Appointments are required. NO WALK-INS. We are also holding AMPEDUP, our monthly amputee support group, with social distanceing. The link below shows our resources.
*UPDATED 6-23-20* We are still in Phase 2.
If you've been coming into the clinic then you're aware of and are practicing the COVID protocols that are in place. If not, please goto our facebook page at the link below to check out our return video:
We are currently open 3 days per week. We apologize for any inconvenience. This will be adjusted as activities return to a more "normal" status. In the meantime, we are making sure to maintain Social Distancing between patients and all are wearing masks to protect one another. Remember to STOP before coming into the building & wait for temperature check and sanitizing of the hands before entrance. Welcome Back!
*UPDATED 5-19-20* WE ARE OPENING BACK UP IN PHASES!
We are in the process of setting up New Patient Evaluations and calling patients to get you re-resceduled. Please be patient. Call us if we haven't contacted you yet. There will be no WALK-INS. Instructions will be posted in the clinic, on Facebook and here on the Website. Watch for our informational video. There are new procedures in place to keep us all safer. We can't wait to see yall.
*Updated April 7, 2020*
Previous updates:March 16, 2020 & March 23, 2020
At Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are continuing to check in with our current patients and to reschedule evaluations as necessary. We are setting up evalualtions for May, post the Stay at Home Order which ends April 30, 2020.
As of Monday, March 23, 2020 we have made the decision to temporarily stop treating patients at the clinc. We will be notifying all patients by phone. David will be talking to patients and answering any clinical questions. Referrals will be made as needed. We are still accepting calls and referrals and setting up evaluations for April. We apologize for any inconveience. Yours and our safety is important to us, as well as doing our part to flatten the curve for the spread of the Corona Virus. We will continue to monitor the recommendations of our Governor and health authorities. If you need information on the Corona Virus and COVID-19 try these links to Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), the governor's office and CISA:
PREVIOUS PRACTICES: We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients' treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent and/or bleach on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use.
- Our clinics are equipped with hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools) remains a standard practice
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
- Removal of common items that are touched frequently ie candy baskets, coffee station
- Requiring staff to get your water from the Patient Fridge
- Advising patients to stay home if older or have comorbidities that put them at increased risk
- Asking that relatives/friends do not accompany patients is possible
- Requiring hand sanitizer upon entrance to clinic
- Aksing relevant questions to limit exposure ie fever, cough, travel, etc.
- Maintianing social distancing as much as possible
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC