*Updated March 23, 2020 *
Previous date-March 16, 2020
At Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC, your health and well-being is our top priority.
As of Monday, March 23, 2020 we have made the decision to temporarily stop treating patients at the clinc. We will be notifying all patients by phone. David will be talking to patients and answering any clinical questions. Referrals will be made as needed. We are still accepting calls and referrals and setting up evaluations for April. We apologize for any inconveience. Yours and our safety is important to us, as well as doing our part to flatten the curve for the spread of the Corona Virus. We will continue to monitor the recommendations of our Governor and health authorities. If you need information on the Corona Virus and COVID-19 try these links to Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), the governor's office and CISA:
PREVIOUS PRACTICES: We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients' treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent and/or bleach on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use.
- Our clinics are equipped with hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools) remains a standard practice
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
- Removal of common items that are touched frequently ie candy baskets, coffee station
- Requiring staff to get your water from the Patient Fridge
- Advising patients to stay home if older or have comorbidities that put them at increased risk
- Asking that relatives/friends do not accompany patients is possible
- Requiring hand sanitizer upon entrance to clinic
- Aksing relevant questions to limit exposure ie fever, cough, travel, etc.
- Maintianing social distancing as much as possible
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Excel Rehabilitation Services, LLC