JUNE 2019 is...
June is Aphasia Awareness Month
National Aphasia Association
June is Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month
National Aphasia Association
JUNE IS ALSO:
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Firework Eye Safety Month
- Stroke Awareness Month
- Men's Health Month
- Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- Post Traumatice Stress Disorder (PTSD) Month
- Hernia Awareness Month
- Scleroderma Awareness Month
- Myasthenia Gravis Awareness Month
- Congenital Cytomegalovirus Awareness Month
- Safety Month
Note: Most data is taken from welcoa.org and healthfinder.gov. There could be errors in data/typing. We try to verify & post the most accurate information we can. When in doubt or question, always verify information for yourself with reputable sites.
Click here to find out how to get more information:
AWARENESS WEEKS THIS MONTH:
-June 2-8, 2019 Community Health Improvement Week, Rip Current Awareness Week
-June 10-16, 2019 Men's Health Week
-June 13-20, 2019 Nursing Assistants Week
-June 17-21, 2019 Healthcare Risk Management Week
-June23-29, 2019 National Lightening Safety Awareness Week
AWARENESS DAYS THIS MONTH:
June 2, 2019 Cancer Screening Day
June 4, 2019 Healthcare Recruiter Day
June 8, 2019 Family Health & Fitness Day
June 14, 2019 Blood Donor Day
June 19, 2019 World Sickle Cell Day
- AMPEDUP is our new Amputee Support Group. It is a free community service. This event is to support any amputee through all stages of limb loss. What better way to learn about the process than to meet with other amputees going through similar circumstances? These meetings are open. They occur once per month. It is scheduled the 3rd Friday of every month (subject to change due participation/other circumstances) You can check out our blog about it. You can call to register or go to our Facebook Page to the EVENT and click attending. #LicensedtoHeal #AmpedUp #GotoExcelRehab
If you have ideas for other support groups or would be interested in attending, contact us on our contact page! (stroke, amputee, caregiver, etc.)
- Ainsley's Angels Annual La State BBQ Cook-Off https://www.facebook.com/events/1900640456718385/
Local SUPPORT GROUP Links:
Baton Rouge General: https://www.brgeneral.org/patients-visitors/support-groups/
Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital: https://www.brrehab.com/site306.php
Francois Bend & Life Source Hospice Caretaker Support Group http://business.ascensionchamber.com/events/details/support-group-11-08-2019-2259
Helpful / Interesting Links
http://www.mswheelchairamerica.org/ Check out our own local Social Worker, Karen Roy, as Ms Wheelchair America 2019!
https://www.vettix.org/ For Vets Check out this resource for veterans and their families. Free tickets to concerts, games and more! Also on Facebook!
http://cameronsshoes.org/ -local Non-Profit started by a PA to distribute shoes to kids in Cali, Columbia
http://www.mclindonfamilyfoundation.org/ For special needs children to get free custom bikes! Your PT can refer.
http://www.vetaffairs.la.gov/ For Vets
http://www.nonvacare.va.gov/ For Vets
http://www.jar4change.org/ To help young Joey raise money for the sick babies at Woman's Hospital
http://www.buyveteran.com/ To help you locate local veteran owned businesses
http://www.amputee-coalition.org/ For amputee support
https://www.facebook.com/womenwineandconnections/ -Making connections and supporting the community This charity helps suppport our local Food Bank and Iris support for Domestic Violence. It keeps your donations local!