July is Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month
July is Minority Mental Health Awareness Month
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
JULY IS ALSO:
- Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness and Prevenion Month
- Cord Blood Awareness Month
- Group B Strep Awareness Month
- Park and Recreation Month
- Sarcoma Awareness Month
- UV Safety Month
AWARENESS WEEKS THIS MONTH:
AWARENESS DAYS THIS MONTH:
JULY 21, 2021 Sarcoma Awareness virtual Advocacy Day
JULY 28, 2021 Hepatitis Day World
Note: There could be errors in data/typing. We try to verify & post the most accurate information we can. When in doubt or question, always verify information for yourself with reputable sites.
- AMPEDUP is our Amputee Support Group. It is a free community service. This event is to support any amputee through all stages of limb loss. What better way to learn about the process than to meet with other amputees going through similar circumstances? These meetings are open. They occur once per month. It is scheduled the 3rd Friday of every month (subject to change due participation/other circumstances)You can check out our blog about it. You can call to register or go to our Facebook Page to the EVENT and click attending.#LicensedtoHeal #AmpedUp #GotoExcelRehab
If you have ideas for other support groups or would be interested in attending, contact us on our contact page! (stroke, amputee, caregiver, etc.)
- Ainsley's Angels Annual La State BBQ Cook-Off https://www.facebook.com/events/1900640456718385/
- Events Archive - Louisiana Sweet Spot (tourascension.com)
- Our Lady of the Lake Ascension Family Fest - undetermined when next one is
Local SUPPORT GROUP Links:
Dignity Memorial: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/about-dignity-memorial/supporting-our-communities/comforting-those-who-grieve Check out their LIFT program for widows and widowers
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center:https://marybird.org/services/survivorship/
Baton Rouge General:https://www.brgeneral.org/patients-visitors/support-groups/
Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital:https://www.brrehab.com/site306.php
Francois Bend & Life Source Hospice Caretaker Support Group First Monday of each month 6:00-7:00p http://business.ascensionchamber.com/events/details/support-group-11-08-2019-2259
Garden View Assisted Living: Caregiver Support Group & Grief Support Grouphttp://gardenview.org/
Anna's Grace with (Ainsley's Angels)https://www.facebook.com/AnnasGraceCares/
Helpful / Interesting Links
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/about-dignity-memorial/supporting-our-communities/comforting-those-who-grieve Check out their LIFT program for widows and widowers
https://www.facebook.com/skidawgs/ Check out David and his Adaptive Skiing Program on Facebook!
http://www.mswheelchairamerica.org/ Check out our own local Social Worker, Karen Roy, as Ms Wheelchair America 2019!
https://www.vettix.org/ For Vets Check out this resource for veterans and their families. Free tickets to concerts, games and more! Also on Facebook!
http://cameronsshoes.org/-local Non-Profit started by a PA to distribute shoes to kids in Cali, Columbia
http://www.mclindonfamilyfoundation.org/ For special needs children to get free custom bikes! Your PT can refer.
http://www.vetaffairs.la.gov/ For Vets
http://www.nonvacare.va.gov/ For Vets
http://www.jar4change.org/ To help young Joey raise money for the sick babies at Woman's Hospital
http://www.buyveteran.com/ To help you locate local veteran owned businesses
http://www.amputee-coalition.org/ For amputee support
https://www.facebook.com/womenwineandconnections/ -Making connections and supporting the community. This charity helps support our local Food Bank and Iris support for Domestic Violence. It keeps your donations local!