OCTOBER IS PHYSICAL THERAPY MONTH! It's time to #ChoosePT here in Gonzales, La! October is the month that we make efforts to highlight what #PhysicalTherapists do for your overall health and wellbeing. Many people still do not recognize all of the benefits of Physical Therapy. Let's highlight a few for you here.
- Less pain
- More movement
- Less dependence upon medications
- Less dependence upon others
- Improved Mobility
- Better balance
- Increased Strength
- Increased Self Confidence
How do we do that??
Physical Therapists are specifically trained and licensed to do your therapy. A Treatment Plan is develped with YOU, the patient. It's based on your specific injury or condition, the doctor's orders and your goals. The Physical Therapist will also work with your family or caretakers as part of that Treatment Plan. Therapeutic Exercise, Gait Training, Balance Training, Range of Motion, and Strength Training are just a few things your Physical Therapist can work with you on.
How has a Physical Therapist changed your health and wellbeing? We would love to hear from you.
Let your #PT know how they have positively impacted your life! How can you do this? There are lots of ways. Here are some examples:
- Send a card in the mail to your PT or former PT
- Give your PT a call to let them know how you are doing now and to say Thank You
- Stop by so your Physical Therapist can see for him/her self how you are doing
- Write a Review and or Recommendation on your PT's website or Social Media pages
- Let your Doctor know how your Physical Therapist did
- Tell your Friends and Family about your positive results from Physical Therapy
If you drive by our clinic at 2251 S Burnside Ave in Gonzales, La, be sure to "HONK FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY" when you pass by! We would love to hear from you. :-)
#PhysicalTherapyMonth Hope to HEAR from you soon! ;-)